Explore Egypt’s blend of ancient wonders and modern allure. Discover pharaohs, pyramids, and diverse landscapes. Plus, stay connected with ease using an eSIM for Egypt.
Egypt Travel Guide
From iconic pyramids to bustling Cairo markets, Egypt promises an unforgettable journey. Experience the best of history, culture, and adventure while on your travels here.
What are the most famous landmarks in Egypt?
Embark on a journey through Egypt’s iconic landmarks.
- The Great Pyramids of Giza. The only Great Wonder still standing. It was built more than 4,000 years ago. The Pyramids stand as monumental testaments to Egypt’s rich history and architectural prowess.
- The Sphinx. Guarding the pyramids, the Sphinx has a mysterious allure. The Sphinx’s face is believed to represent Pharaoh Khafre, builder of the second pyramid.
- Luxor Temple. Delve into ancient Egyptian architecture. Colossal statues and intricate hieroglyphics reflect the grandeur of a bygone era.
The Great Pyramid’s base is perfectly aligned with the cardinal points of the compass.
The Great Pyramids of Giza is the only Great Wonder still standing at over 4,000 years old.
What are the must-see historic sites in Egypt?
Explore Egypt’s compelling historic sites, where secrets unfold.
- Valley of the Kings: Unearth the secrets of ancient pharaohs in this burial ground. Tutankhamun’s tomb was the only one found almost intact in the Valley.
- Karnak Temple: Explore the vast complex of Karnak, the largest temple in Egypt. The Avenue of Sphinxes connects Karnak with Luxor Temple—a majestic pathway.
- Visit the Abu Simbel Temples and see the huge statues carved into the mountainside.
The Abu Simbel Temples were moved to protect them from flooding during the construction of the Aswan High Dam. This was a big effort led by UNESCO.
What are some of the best things to see and do in Egypt?
Uncover the wonders of Egypt as you embark on a journey filled with diverse experiences.
Siwa is famous for its dates and olives.
What are the most beautiful places in Egypt?
Discover Egypt’s breathtaking landscapes with a journey through its most beautiful places.
- White Desert: Surrender to the surreal beauty of the White Desert’s chalk formations. Camping under the star-studded sky is a must for a magical experience.
- Dive into the amazing Blue Hole in Dahab. It’s a famous diving spot that’s over 130 meters deep.
- Aswan Botanical Garden: Escape to the serene Aswan Botanical Garden on Kitchener’s Island.
DID YOU KNOW?
Kitchener’s Island was gifted to Lord Kitchener for his military efforts in Sudan.
For a magical experience, camp under the star-studded sky in the White Desert.
Embarking on a journey to Finland? Choosing the right eSIM is key to a seamless connectivity experience.
Choosing the Best eSIM for travelling in Egypt
Embarking on a journey to Egypt?
- Convenience. No need to deal with physical SIM cards; activate and manage your eSIM with ease.
- Instant connectivity. Get online immediately upon arrival in Egypt and stay connected wherever you go.
- Flexible plans. Select a data plan that fits your travel requirements. Choose a plan suitable for casual browsing, or one for more data-heavy tasks.
- Cost-efficiency. Avoid roaming charges and select affordable eSIM plans tailored to your usage.
Remember: You can check how much you have used by logging into your account here.
What are some cultural experiences in Egypt?
Explore Egypt’s diverse culture through a range of activities.
- Visit a Nubian Village. Immerse yourself in Nubian culture with a visit to a riverside village. Engage with the community, discovering its unique customs and rich history.
- Khan El Khalili Bazaar: Dive into the vibrant chaos of Cairo’s oldest market.
- Witness the mesmerising Whirling Dervishes Performance in Cairo. Experience their sacred Sufi dance, an ancient tradition, as they swirl in white robes.
Nubians have their own distinct language and traditions.
What are the top Instagrammable places in Egypt?
Discover Egypt’s most Instagram-worthy spots.
Explore the enduring allure of Abu Simbel Temple, a timeless marvel in the heart of Egypt.
Balloon ride over Luxor: Soar above the Valley of the Kings for a breathtaking aerial view.
The Siwa Salt Lakes: Experience the fascinating landscapes of Siwa’s salt lakes. The palm trees surrounding the lakes create a stunning contrast.
Early morning balloon rides offer the best lighting for photos.
Stay in the know
Stay in the know with our monthly newsletter. As well as receiving news and updates straight to your inbox, we’ll also send you exclusive discounts and product releases before anyone else.
Join the easySim movement and ensure you avoid rip-off roaming charges forever.
What is typical Egyptian cuisine?
Dive into the diverse flavours of Egypt.
- Koshary: Savour the national dish of Egypt, a hearty mix of rice, lentils, pasta, and spicy tomato sauce. Add crunchy fried onions for an extra burst of flavour.
- Ful Medames: Try this traditional breakfast dish made from mashed fava beans.
- Mahshi: Indulge in Mahshi, grape leaves stuffed with a delicious mixture of rice and herbs. Mahshi can also contain minced meat or vegetables.
Ful Medames, an Egyptian breakfast staple, dates back to ancient times. It is one of the oldest-known prepared dishes in the world.
What should I prepare for travel to Egypt?
Get ready for your Egypt adventure with these essentials:
- To protect yourself from the strong sun in Egypt, bring sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses.
- For small purchases in markets and cafes, it’s useful to have some Egyptian pounds with you.
- Make sure you have the correct plug for European-style two-pin power sockets in Egypt.
- Carry a water bottle to stay hydrated in the heat.
- Learn some Arabic phrases to have a more immersive experience while travelling.
What is the best time to visit Egypt?
Plan your visit to Egypt wisely for an optimal experience.
- Autumn (September to November): Mild temperatures make exploring comfortable.
- Spring (March to May): Enjoy blooming landscapes and moderate weather.
- Winter (December to February): Experience cooler temperatures, ideal for sightseeing.
December is peak season, so plan accordingly for crowded attractions.
You might also like