Installing your eSIM
Install eSIM on iPhone or iPad
Install eSIM on Android Phone or Tablet
Unable to scan QR code on Google Pixel
The Google Pixel needs to be configured to use 2 SIMs.
- Goto Settings > Network & internet
- Next to Mobile network, tap “+” Add
- Then tap Download a SIM instead
- “Use 2 SIMs?” tap Yes to update phone
Now scan our QR code and it should work.
What is an eSIM?
An eSIM, or embedded SIM, is a digital SIM card that is built into a device, such as a smartphone or tablet, eliminating the need for a physical SIM card. It allows users to connect to mobile networks without the hassle of physically inserting or swapping SIM cards. With an eSIM, users can switch between different mobile networks and activate new plans directly through their device’s settings. It provides greater flexibility and convenience, especially for travellers, as it enables seamless connectivity in multiple countries without the need to acquire and change physical SIM cards.
Will an eSIM work on my device?
- Make sure your device is NOT LOCKED to a single network.
- And, you can check whether your device is eSIM compatible here
How do I receive my eSIM?
Once you have purchased a bolt on, easySim will email your QR code with instructions on how to install on your device. If you are doing everything on your mobile, you may not be able to scan your QR code. You can also email the QR code to a freind then scan it off their device.
Your eSIM is also visible from your account under My eSIMs. We have included a copy feature if you are unable to scan the QR code.
How fast is the internet with easySim?
Your internet speed is reliant on network congestion, prioritisation and coverage of your local network carrier.
If your eSIM’s APN was set up manually and is not set up correctly, it may appear as though your internet is slow. The real problem, in this case, is the incorrect installation of your eSIM.
Try to turn on airplane mode and then turn it off. If your eSIM supports multiple networks, try switching to a different network carrier.
For a list of supported networks in the country you are visiting, please click here easysim.global/destinations/
If required, try to set up your APN settings or try switching to 3G data temporarily under Cellular > Voice and Data.
Can I access any website or application using my eSIM data?
Your eSIM has no restrictions on the websites or apps you would like to access. However, some websites may be inaccessible due to security protocols, proxy settings and local restrictions in the region.
Can I use WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok with an eSIM?
Yes, you can use WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok with an eSIM. Please note that some social media sites may be restricted in certain countries.
Will my eSIM work in a Smart Watch?
Whilst we are aiming to offer eSIMs compatible on wearable devices in future, we do not currently support this with our technology.
Can I install one eSIM on several devices?
No. One eSIM can only be installed on a single device at any time.
Can I make calls and send SMS messages with an eSIM?
easySim eSIMs are data only and you won’t be able to send SMS or make phone calls. However, internet-based messaging and calling services can be accessed using the mobile data provided by your eSIM such as WhatsApp.
You will be able to send and receive calls and SMS via your home network operator SIM, if you select your home SIM as the preferred SIM for these services. Please note that your home network provider may charge for calls and SMS while roaming.
Can I still use my home SIM card with my eSIM?
Yes, you can use your home SIM card with your eSIM, provided that your device has dual SIM capabilities. Dual SIM devices allow you to use both a physical SIM card and an eSIM at the same time, giving you the ability to use two different networks on a single device. Once you have both SIMs set up, you can choose which SIM to use for calls, messages, and data.
Can I have more than one eSIM?
At this time, we support ONE eSIM per account. So if you need an eSIM for someone else, you will need to create a seperate account. It is on our roadmap to introduce a family feature where multiple eSIMs can be managed from a single account.
How long does my eSIM last?
We provide a single eSIM which will work with all our bundles. The eSIM is yours to keep if you continue to use it at least once per year. There are a limited number of eSIMs allocated, so we may revoke your eSIM if it remains unused for over one year. But don’t worry, we will just send you a new eSIM when you make your next purchase.
I cannot scan my QR code
- Your phone may not be eSIM compatible, not all phones are. Check here to find out – Compatible device list
- Use your device camera to scan the code – do not use a QR reader app.
- If you have printed the QR code to scan, please ensure the copy is of good quality and not distorted in any way.
- Make sure you are in a well-lit area. Poor lighting can affect the QR scanner.
- Try moving closer to the QR code.
If none of the above work, you could try restarting your phone. If that doesnt help, please contact us using the form below.
When does my data bundle start?
Once you have purchased your data bundle and installed your eSIM, your data bundle will begin as soon as you switch on data roaming and connect to a network.
Do I need to activate data roaming?
You will need to switch on data roaming on your eSIM profile. To avoid data roaming charges from your home network, it is important that you switch off data roaming on the SIM for your home mobile network operator.
What happens if I use up all my data?
You can purchase a new data bundle whenever you need to. Each purchase will extend the duration by 7 or 30 days depending on the bundle you choose.
What happens to unused data?
Your data bundle is valid for a specific term of either 7 days or 30 days. Unused data expires at the end of the term. You can purchase a new data bundle at any time on the easySim website.
I have purchased an additional data bundle but not getting internet
If you have purchased an additional dat bundle, you may have to switch your eSIM off and on to allow the eSIM to recognise it. A quick way to do this is to switch Airplane Mode on for 10 seconds and then switch it back to off.
Do I need a different eSIM for each country I visit?
Great news, your easySim eSIM will work in all countries. All you need to do is purchase a data bundle for the country you are visiting.
Who is Drei? Who is Transatel?
When installing your eSIM, the name of our chosen network partner may be displayed. This is normal.
How do I know which SIM I am using?
You can check which SIM you are using in the settings of your phone. You can also choose which SIM will be used for voice calls, SMS and data. You will need to ensure you have chosen your eSIM for data when you reach your destination. To do this follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Go into “Mobile Data”
3. Click on which eSIM you want to use / enable for data.
4. Make sure “Turn On This Line” is turned on.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Go into “Network and Internet”
3. Go into “SIMs”
4. Click on your eSIM
5. Make sure “Use eSIM” is on
6. On the same page, you will notice that you are able to choose which SIM is preferred for data, voice and SMS. Make sure your eSIM is preferred for data
I am getting poor signal on my eSIM, what should I do?
As with all technology, restarting your device can often make it work.
If that doesn’t work, and if we have multiple network partners in the country you are visiting, then selecting an alternative network may help. Instructions below:
1. Go to ‘Settings’
2. Tap “Cellular / Mobile Data”
3. Select the SIM you want to configure > Ensure “Turn On This Line” is on > Tap “Network Selection”
4. Disable “Automatic”. Your phone will now manually search for available networks
5. Choose your desired network
6. Your are now connected to the selected network.
1. Go to ‘Settings’
2. Tap “Network & internet” or “Connections” option. The exact name may vary depending on your Android version or device manufacturer.
3. Look for an option called “Mobile networks,” “SIM card & mobile networks,” “SIMs” or something similar and tap to proceed.
4. Tap on your eSIM which will be called Drei unless you have given it a friendly name
5. Scroll down to Network and turn off ‘Automatically select network’. Your phone will now search for all available networks.
6. Simply choose an alternative network.
Can I share my data on another device?
Yes, you can use your eSIM’s internet data on other devices by creating a personal hotspot.
On iOS, you can do this under the “Personal Hotspot” menu under settings.
On Android, you can do this under the “WiFi hotspot” settings.
How do I check how much data I have used?
You can check how much you have used by logging into your account at login to your account
I lost my device, how can I block my easySim eSIM?
If you have lost your device and want to suspend or terminate your eSIM, please contact our support with the contact form below will suspend your account.
How do I set up my APN?
Our eSIM’s have an automatic Access Point Name (APN) and so manual programming is not necessary. However, if you do want to check or manually configure the APN, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings
- Mobile/Celluar Data
- Under Mobile/Celluar Data plans select your eSIM
- Mobile/Celluar Data Network
- In the Mobile/Celluar Data APN field, type drei.at
- Go to Settings
- Network & Internet section
- Mobile Networks
- Access Point Names
- Type the new APN settings, drei.at
How do I remove an eSIM?
If you would like to remove an eSIM that is no longer required, this article walks you through the steps on how to do so.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap either Cellular or Mobile Data.
- Tap the plan you want to erase.
- Tap Delete eSIM.
- Open your mobile device’s settings app.
- Tap Network and Internet. Mobile network.
- Select the eSIM that you want to delete.
- Tap Delete SIM.
Click on our help icon “?” on the bottom of your screen. Meet “Barry” our frindly chat Bot who will point you in the right direction. If Barry cannot help you can ask to chat to a real human.